Kansas City, MO is a bustling city with a vibrant culture and a growing population. As the city continue to grow, the demand for locksmith services has also increased. At Quickey Locksmith, we understand the importance of keeping your home and belongings secure. This is why we offer a wide range of locksmith services include lock repair, emergency locksmith services, and smart lock installations. We use and provide latest technology and techniques to ensure that our customers receive best possible experience. With our expertise and years of experience in the locksmith industry, we’ put together 5 tips to make sure you never get locked out of your house again.
Keep a spare key hidden nearby:
This might seem like an obvious tip, but many people forget to keep a spare key hidden nearby. It’s a good idea to keep a spare key in a location that is easily accessible but not too obvious, such as under a flowerpot or inside a mailbox. This way, if you ever find yourself locked out of your house, you’ll have a backup plan to get back in.
Install a smart lock:
Smart locks are becoming increasingly popular, and for good reason. Not only do they offer added security, but they also allow you to control your locks from your smartphone. With a smart lock, you’ll never have to worry about losing your keys or being locked out of your house again. Plus, you can grant access to friends and family with just a few clicks, making it easier to share your home with others. QUICKEY LOCKSMITH
offers a wide range of smart lock options, so you’re sure to find one that fits your needs.
Keep a copy of your key with a trusted neighbor or friend:
If you don’t want to keep the spare key hidden nearby, consider giving a copy of your key to a trusted neighbor or friend. This way, if you ever get locked out, you can simply go to their house and retrieve the keys. Just make sure to choose someone you trust, as giving someone key to your house is a big responsibility.
Keep a keys on your keychain:
Finally, it’s always a good idea to keep a key on your keychain. This way, you’ always have a key with you, no matter where you go. Whether you’re going for a run or just heading to the grocery store, you’ll have insurance knowing that you’ll always be able to get back into your house.
As locksmith professionals, we can say a lot about importance of home security and how to best protect your property from potential threats. While the tips we’ just provided so far are a great start, there are even more ways to lift up your home security game. Here are five expert locksmith tips
from our pros to help keep your home secure.
- Don’t skimp on quality when it comes to locks When it comes to locks, you get what you pay for. Cheaper locks are more likely to fail and provide little to no protection against break-ins. Investing in high-quality locks is worth it in the long run as it provides a peace of mind that your home is secure.
- Mind the gap: check for gaps around doors and windows Burglars are known to look for gaps around doors and windows as these areas are the most vulnerable. Check your doors and windows for any gaps and make sure to have them properly sealed. This simple step can go a long way in deterring potential intruders.
- Don’t rely solely on locks. While locks are an important aspect of home security, they should not be your only line of defense. Consider adding additional security measures such as security cameras, motion-sensor lights, and alarm systems. The more layers of security you have, the better protected your home will be.
- Don’t leave a key under the mat. Leaving a key under the mat or in a hidden location outside your home is a major no-no. Burglars are well aware of the common hiding places for spare keys and are quick to look there first. Instead, consider giving a spare key to a trusted neighbor or family member.
- Keep up with routine lock maintenance. Just like any other item in your home, locks require maintenance to ensure they continue to function properly. Make sure to have your locks inspected and serviced regularly to keep them in top condition. This will also ensure that you catch any potential issues before they become a bigger problems.
In conclusion, getting locked out of your house could become a frustratiing and stressful experience. However, by following these five tips, you can avoid getting locked out and ensure that you have access to your home whenever you need it. Whether you choose to keep a spare key hidden nearby, install a smart lock
, or keep a key on your keychein, you’ll never have to worry about getting locked out of your house again. If you’re in Kansas City, and need a locksmith, be sure to contact QuicKey Locksmith
, and you will get the best possible service. Remember, when it comes to home security, it’s always better to be safe than sorry. So, don’t hesitate to take the necessary steps and keep your home and family protected.
Frequently Asked Questions:
In this section, we’ll answer some of the most commonly asked questions about home locks and security. These questions and answers are designed to provide you with a better understanding of how to keep your home secure and what to do in case of a lockout.
Q: How can I stop being locked out of my house?
A: Being locked out of your house can be a frustrating and stressful experience, but it can be prevented. For avoid being locked out, you can keep a spare key hidden nearby or give a copy to a trusted neighbor or friend. You can also consider installing a smart lock that allows you to unlock your door using your smartphone. Another option is to keep a key on your keychain so you always have it with you.
Q: How do you open a locked door in your house without a key?
A: If you’ve lost your key or are locked out of your home, there are a few ways to open a locked door without a keys. One option is to use a credit card to create enough space between the door and a frame to unlock the door. Another option is to use a lock picking set, but this should only be done by a professional locksmith. If all else are fails, calling a locksmith is the best solution as they have the tools and expertise to safely and quickly unlock your door.
Q: How do you force a door to open?
A: Forcing a door open should only be done as a last resort and can cause damage to the door and lock. If you need to get into your home, it’s best to call a locksmith for asistance. Attempting to force a door open can also make it more difficult for the locksmith to unlock the door and may even void your warranty.
Q: What lock cannot be picked?
A: While no lock is 100% pick-proof, some locks are more secure than others. High-security locks, such as those with multiple pins or those with a magnetic locking mechanism, are more difficult to pick. Plus, the smart locks that use biometric authentication or digital codes are also considered more secure. Ultimately, the best lock for your home will depends on your individual needs and security concerns.
In conclusion, these are just a few of the many questions we’re frequently asked about home locks and security. By understanding the answers to these questions, you can feel confident in yours ability to keep your home secure and avoid being locked out. If you have any additional questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to a professional locksmith